Saturday, December 6, 2008

YOU DONT GET WHEN YOU DESPERATELY IN NEED

When i resigned from my previous job and left to india, i thought that i am not coming back again to this country, i tried to get jobs in a few farms. In one farm there was a position vacant for a senior veterinarian. So i approached them for a job, but they refused me saying that i am too young to hold the position of a senior vet. I have spent 16 years in equine industry, and hale and healthy, what else they expect from me. Do they want some one who had retired from other farms? the job of a equine vet is physically demanding it should be a combination of experience with fitness. I was very upset with this.
I made another mistake, the usual one which many NRIs do(we should spend all our skills and energy to our mother land?), i invested a few lakhs in a poultry farm, which bit my hand to about 8 lakhs rupees. Another farm which i was in constant touch for a job had informed me that they had employed another vet, so at present there is no vacancy. The equine field in india is a bit narrow and we dont find many openings. As i had a good exposure in saudi arabia, i was offered a good salary and other benefits which i could not have got in india, more to that there is no intervention by any non-professionals.
After i took up the present assignment, i received a mail from one of the leading stud farms in india saying that they are interested in employing me.

No comments: