Thursday, September 18, 2008

Charity


There is no place for charity in private practice, there were misunderstandings on many occasions when we were a bit generous towards some people. It was with grooms on many occasions, when we see someone who was not paid his salary for months and in desperate need of money we give some money from our pocket(most occasions). Sometimes when my pocket was empty I tell them to take the money given by the horse owner for the scan(may be not more than 50 SAR). These things are not welcome by the employers. During such situations my credibility was at stake. Also when we scan mares at 14 days, it is a bit too early to diagnose twins, I prefer to scan at 16 days so as to squeeze if there is another conceptus. In one scan I can do all. The owners resent the idea of bringing the mare again for ruling out a twin as they don’t want to waste their money for one more scan, some even accused me of greedy for making more money. On a few occasions I noticed twins with a age difference of upto three days, people may say the small one may resorb as the bigger one grows bigger, but we cant take chance once we noticed it as there is every chance it can grow and abort at a later stage. I prefer two scans at two days interval that to when there is a twin ovulation at the time of covering. My professional ability, credibility are at stake. If the mare aborts a twin then we are in a big trouble, and it is going to cost very heavily on the owner. To avoid these things I make a point to the owner that I scan it for free. But these things are not welcome with the management

No comments: